Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Finally Spring

Here at 4,000 feet on the Southern edge of the Sierra Nevada mountains, Spring is starting to finally show itself with the blooming of our lilacs. The peonies are still hiding, but the lilacs are showing themselves.


Purple is my daughter's favorite color, so I have always gravitated towards it, and that makes lilacs one of my favorite blooms. They make the whole house smell wonderful.


The vignette was put together quickly and I am very new at this, but loving every learning moment.


This chocolate pot, plate, cup and saucer belonged to my grandmother and are approximately circa 1890's. I remember, when I was little, my mother used to keep extra pennies in the chocolate pot. 


The other sweet chocolate pot, with the pink roses on it, is from a collection of my mother's. I hope to be able to use some of the other pots in future posts. 


Here they are in all their glory, right from my back yard, lilacs. This time of year I fill the house with them.


Happy Spring everyone.

I am joining Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.



2 comments:

  1. Those pots are so unique. I love the height of that tea-cup, too. Lilacs are one of my very favorite. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH! This is just a gorgeous post. That chocolate pots are both beautiful, as is the china. I LOVE THOSE NAPKINS! Lilacs are my very favorite Spring bush/shrub. I just adore them. I have a whole "lilac" guest room here and it just always feels special and beautiful to me. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete